Experience Japan's Countryside at Tsubaki Tei 椿邸, a Century Old Traditional Japanese House
About Tsubaki Tei Guest House
Tsubaki Tei is a traditional Japanese farm house, over a century old, situated beside the local shrine, that we have recently renovated as a guest house for those who want to enjoy a longer, relaxed stay in the countryside.
"Tsubaki" is the Japanese name of the flower, Japanese camellia, which is traditionally used for decoration in Japanese tea ceremonies.
During your stay, you can also access many memorable activities our Fujieda community has to offer:
- Go on a tour of the tea fields
- Harvest seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Make your own ceramics (bowls, plates, cups and more) at Fujieda Pottery Center (they also sell kakigori!)
- Learn how to make chopsticks from a local woodworker
- Learn traditional Japanese cooking from local chefs
- If you fancy independent exploration, enjoy explorations around the area via bicycle – we provide 2 bicycles for you
- We are able to drive you to the grocery stores if you require
Our hope is to instill visitors with a love for our wonderful Fujieda community,
and a desire to come back again and again!
¥30,000 for up to 2 people
Check In Process:
We will pick you up from Fujieda train station after 5pm to drive you to the house.
We are also happy to drive you to the grocery stores if you require.